The BJJ World Championships 2012 happened, and by all accounts, it was awesome. Here are some of our highlights.
1) Best BJJ fight of all time?
I’m not sure, but it’s pretty damn good. Check out Buchecha vs Vieira here.
2) Oli Geddes black belt worlds debut!
After winning a fight against Marcos Souza at black belt in the Euros, this was Oli’s first foray into the World Championships at the truly elite level. He nailed a lifetime goal by winning his first match, although I have yet to see the video (I missed it during the online broadcast.) Well done, Oli!
(Check out the amazing 2012 worlds pics from Mike Calimbas here)
3) Adam Adshead won his first fight at brown belt in the worlds with a submission!
Nice work, Adam! And he topped it off with a private lesson from the Mendes brothers. Top trip, Adam.
4) Miyao Bros closed out their division!
These phenomenal grapplers did it again. Somewhere on their crowded gis (fair enough, they are in high demand!) you can see the Scramble flag waving.
5) Rikako Yuasa lost, but has started to represent Scramble
Glad to have you on board, Rikako!